We’re on letter “P” for our ABCs of the Bible crafts, a great series of Bible School Craft Ideas.
While “P is for Prince of Peace” would be a great way to make another crown craft, we decided to go with another symbol of peace from the Bible, P is for Peace Dove.
The Peace Dove is a symbol from the account of Noah’s Ark in Genesis 8:11, which has come to also represent the “Prince of Peace” and “the Holy Spirit” depending on one’s denomination:
“The dove came to him toward evening, and behold, in her beak was a freshly picked olive leaf. So Noah knew that the water was abated from the earth.”
When the dove returned to the ark with an olive branch, Noah knew that the flood was over and that the flood would soon clear up to show dry land – so that his family could start again and repopulate the Earth with God’s blessing.
Materials Needed for P is for Peace Dove Craft:
- Paint: white, green, orange
- Paintbrush for applying paint to hand & adding embellishments
Simply paint the child’s palm white with paint, layering the paint on thick, and press their hand onto the cardstock.
Add copious amounts of glitter while the paint is still dry… or not. (My blog is Sugar, Spice and Glitter – so you know we added the sparkly stuff…)
Allow the handprint to dry, and then add on little details (with paint or markers) to transform the handprint into a dove!
This is a sweet craft to do with toddlers or older children. For toddlers, a simple handprint is an easy commitment for a busy group – while older children may enjoy the challenge of transforming their hand prints into doves.
If you liked this ABCs of the Bible craft idea – P is for Peace Dove – be sure to pin it for later, or share it with your friends if you think they’d enjoy doing it with their children.
Our previous Bible School Craft Ideas for this series have included:
- A is for Angel (coffee filter craft)
- B is for Basket (weaving craft)
- C is for Cross (paper scrolling craft)
- D is for David’s Harp (representational craft)
- E is for Elijah’s Fiery Chariot (card board craft)
- F is for Fisher of Men
- G is for God’s Eye
- H is for Heaven Art Collage (fine motor craft)
- K is for King of Kings (crown craft)
- N is for Noah’s Ark (shoebox craft)
- R is for Rebekah at the Well (milk carton craft)
- S is for Sheep (toddler/preschooler craft)
- V is for the Vine Craft