Scripture memory is an essential skill for young Christians to learn. Throughout their lives, they will use the scripture to guide their interactions with others. Start with this easy to make scripture memory puzzle and watch as the joy of the scriptures comes to life in your home!
This lesson is another wonderful edition to our ABCs of the Bible Crafts. These crafts are meant to be a fun way to help you introduce different stories of the Bible to your children. Feel free to add these crafts to your weekly Bible lessons!
One of the best things about scripture memory puzzles is how easy it is for children to break down and learn verses. This is something I struggle with as a Christian and I LOVE to find a new and fun way for my kids to hide messages of the Bible in their hearts.
Scripture Memory Puzzle
Scripture Memory Puzzle Materials:
For this lesson, we used the verse from Revelations 3:20.
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
You are welcome to adapt your puzzle to any verse you would like to help your child memorize.
Scripture Memory Puzzle Instructions:
- Color the Jesus Coloring Page Printable.
- Trim the page to fit over the craft sticks.
- Then glue picture onto one side. Let dry.
- Use an exacto knife to cut the pieces apart.
- Write your scripture memory verse on one side of the craft sticks. Be sure to break it down into easy to remember sections.
The child will use the picture as the control of error on one side while he/she puts the memory verse together on the other side.
Memorizing scripture is a true joy for any Christian. Giving children this very important skill, early in life, gives them a firm foundation in the Bible. This will stay with them for the rest of their lives!
This scripture memory puzzle is perfect for your church quiet bag, for road trips, and to take with you for any place where your children might have to wait, like at a restaurant.
If you liked this ABCs of the Bible craft idea – J is for Jesus at the Door – be sure to pin it for later, or share it with your friends if you think they’d enjoy doing it with their children.
Our previous ABCs of the Bible Craft ideas for this series have included:
- A is for Angel (coffee filter craft)
- B is for Basket (weaving craft)
- C is for Cross (paper scrolling craft)
- D is for David’s Harp (representational craft)
- E is for Elijah’s Fiery Chariot (cardboard & tissue paper craft)
- F is for Fisher of Men (threading activity craft)
- G is for God’s Eye (fine motor folk art craft)
- H is for Heaven Art Collage (sticker art collage craft)
- I is for Image of Daniel Chapter 2
- K is for King of Kings
- L is for Lion’s Den
- M is for Miracles of Jesus
- N is for Noah’s Ark
- P is for Peace Dove
- R is for Rebekah at the Well
- S is for Sheep
- V is for Vine